- About Coral Reefs
- Scientific Team
- Multi-Media Gallery
- 2010 Expediton
- 2013 Expedition
- Our Book
- Recent Research
- Get Involved
HAVE YOU SEEN OUR VIDEO ON KPBS?
This video is collaboration between Coral Reef Systems researchers from Scripps Institution of Oceanography and San Diego State University and local television and radio station, KPBS. We are excited to have Rob Machado, one of the world’s greatest surfers and a San Diego local, on board (Find out more about Machado’s charity foundation at www.robmachadofoundation.org). By integrating science, communication, and outreach programs, we hope to reach a broader audience on the importance of coral reefs and scientific exploration.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Get involved with the Coral Reef Systems team
- Come spend time with marine organisms at the Birch Aquarium
- Join us for a special evening celebrating sustainable seafood and marine conservation with acclaimed chefs Jonathan Waxman and Trey Foshee
- Would you like to receive invitation to upcoming events? Participate in special opportunities within Coral Reef Systems? Support our large-scale research? If so, please contact us about ways to become a friend of Coral Reef Systems or contact any of the team directly.
Know what you eat
- Learn more at Seafood Watch: http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/cr_seafoodwatch/sfw_recommendations.aspx
Support protected areas
- Find out about the world’s marine protection at MPAtlas
Within the US and here in California, learn more at:
In the tropical Pacific, you can learn more about:
Learn more about coral reefs
- If you are in San Diego, you are welcomed to learn more at meetings of the San Diego Coral Club